1. The West has preferred the “containment course” to a real partnership with Russia, according to Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.
The consequences of this were the crisis in Ukraine and the fact that the problem of European security is again brought into the focus of the world community.( RIA NOVOSTI 21 May 2014).
2. “After the coup in Ukraine chaos has erupted and a real civil war has begun,” said Russian President Vladimir Putin (RIA NOVOSTI 23 May 2014).
3. At the end of the day (of EU elections) , it will be the leaders of the big European countries that will do the backroom deals. (Council on Foreign Relations 22 May 2014).
4. Paul Craig Roberts, former Reagan adviser: The US needs a new cold war to keep the military industrial complex funded after its defeats in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria. That´s the reason for US exaggeration of the Ukranian crisis with statements that the Baltic states are threatened by Russia. Also, the US has to make sure that a global rival does not grow too strong in strategic and resourceful areas. The best Russia can do ist to ignore the hawkish western talk (video).
5. Ukraine’s largest private gas producer announced today that the son of U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden is joining its board of directors.
CDN 13 May 2014: According to Burisma Holdings, R. Hunter Biden will oversee the company’s legal unit and “will provide support for the Company among international organizations.”
Mr. Biden has experience in public service and foreign policy. Mr. Biden served as Honorary Co-Chair of the 2008 Obama-Biden Inaugural Committee. He is chairman of the Board of the World Food Programme U.S.A., together with the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the United Nations World Food Programme. He is a director for the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition – a very influential organisation.
Comment: The Advisory Council of the Coalition is led by former Secretary of State Gen. Colin Powell and includes numerous former Secretaries, Senators, Representatives, and National Security Advisors of both political parties, from Madeleine Albright to Henry Kissinger and Frank Carlucci as well as Hillary Clinton and Bill Gates – some of them are also to be found in the Organisation behind Ukrainian coup d´état, the American-Ukrainian Commitee.
In late April, Vice President Biden visited Ukraine, the highest U.S. official to visit the country since the crisis with Russia erupted. Burisma Holdings is likely to benefit from U.S. efforts to boost domestic Ukrainian gas production.
6. The International Monetary Fund announced a bailout of the new Ukrainian regime denominated in the IMF’s increasingly influential proto-global currency known as Special Drawing Rights, or SDRs. It plans one world currency.
The New American 7 May 2014: The controversial planetary entity and its Western apparatchiks, along with various communist and socialist dictatorships and the United Nations, have long been agitating to ultimately dethrone the embattled U.S. dollar. Top-level American officials at the U.S. Treasury and the Federal Reserve have been helping them along.
The IMF, the UN, and multiple national governments have all openly advocated precisely such a plot. The Obama administration, meanwhile, has exploited the Ukraine crisis to further empower the IMF while reducing U.S. influence.
The dollar’s place as the global reserve currency would be filled by the IMF’s SDR, a currently composed of a basket of currencies that includes dollars, British pounds, euros, and Japanese yen – (and the bancor?). More Details here.
8. F William Engdahl agrees with Russia´s putting Import of GMO on a footing with terrorism (video).
9. EU´s Single Regulation Fund to be taxpayer funded and administrated by the multinational SAP corporation – while the ECB, The Commission and representatives from involved nation states will decide whether a bank is broke.
EU Commissioner Michel Barnier EU Press Release 21 May 2014: Together, we have turned the idea of a banking union into reality in less than two years. Today, 26 Member States (except the UK and Sweden) have signed the Agreement on the transfer and mutualisation of contributions to the Single Resolution Fund. I invite all signatories of the IGA to complete its ratification according to their national procedures before 1 January 2016.
The Single Resolution Mechanism implements the Bank Recovery and Resolution directive (BRRD) in the eurozone and any other participating Member State in the Banking Union. Resolution funds will be pooled into one Single Resolution fund, the so-called Single Resolution Fund (SRF).
The IGA will also regulate the progressive mutualisation of the national compartments resources accumulated during the transitional period.
The SRM would enter into force on 1 January 2015, whereas the transfers of banks’ contribution to the Single Resolution Fund will start from 1 January 2016.
The European Commission will adopt a delegated act related to the banks’ contributions to the national resolution funds under this Directive. The Single Resolution Mechanism will ensure that if a bank subject to the SSM faces serious difficulties, its resolution can be managed efficiently with minimal costs to taxpayers and the real economy. The SRM will apply to all banks in the euro area and other Member States that decide to participate.. It has a target level of €55 billion (Not nearly enough to save sick European banks. The rest to be paid by taxpayers) and can borrow from the markets if decided by the Single Resolution Board.
A Single Resolution Board, consisting of the Chairman, the Vice Chair, four permanent members and the relevant national authorities. In most cases, the ECB would trigger resolution and notify the Board, the European Commission and the relevant national resolution authorities that a bank is failing.
The administration of the SRM is being left to the SAP Business Group
The SAP AG is a German multinational software corporation that makes enterprise software to manage business operations and customer relations. It is Headquartered in Walldorf, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, with regional offices around the world Wikipedia.
Right: Denmark´s economy minister and Trilateral Commission member, Margrethe Vestager, is giving the rest of Denmark´s souvereignty away with a smile and without asking the Danes, who have voted no to the Euro and all its ramifications. Previously such behaviour had a very ugly name.
10. Russia’s strategy of buying up oil refineries in Europe could compromise the bloc’s energy security
EurActiv 23 May 2014: Russia’s Lukoil, for instance, owns refining operations in Italy, the Netherlands, Bulgaria and Romania. Gazprom through its oil arm Gazprom Neft also owns refineries.”Combined with the dependence on Russian crude oil, and the emerging influence of Russian players, the refinery industry is vulnerable to political interference,” the Commission’s strategy on EU energy security says acc. to Reuters. The EU relies on Russia for 27% of its gas consumption and about a third of its oil, the EU Commission executive says. There is no immediate threat to oil supplies, as Russia lacks sufficient capacity to refine the oil it produces and relies therefore on EU refineries, the Commission says.